JAKARTA (TheInsiderStories) – President Joko Widodo asserted the government will not adhere the lockdown policy to overcome the coronavirus outbreak in Indonesia. He also averted the lockdown policy in central government hands not in regional government side.
“The lockdown policy is the the central government’ policy not by the regional government. And until now there is no lockdown policy,” said the head of state told media today (03/16) by adding all major policies by the regional government must be discussed first with the relevant ministries and the COVID-19 task force.
On Sunday, governor of Jakarta, Anies Baswedan stated, he considered to lockdown the capital city for weeks. At the early stage, he decided limiting the people’ circulation by minimize the transportation public to minimize the virus spread.
His decision has been make a chaos. The public transportation users has experienced long line and waiting for hours to reached the mass rapid train or busway. Today, he also met the entrepreneurs to review the closure of businesses and shopping centers.
Since, the virus widespread the archipelago, Widodo has urged the citizens do social distancing and stay at home. Today, he chaired a joint meeting of his staff through teleconferencing at the Bogor Palace, West Java as a form of prevention of the spread of the COVID-19.
By using video conferencing media, the President and his staffs discussed various government efforts to deal with the pandemic. In the virtual meeting, he also instructed his entire staff to accelerate the ministry’ work agenda.
At the same time, the President also requested that the work programs of the relevant ministries be directed to anticipate and educate the public to handling of the pandemic in Indonesia.
He also ordered that the use of the ministry’ work budget be directed towards maintaining people’ purchasing power amid the coronavirus outbreak. One of them by holding the budget allocation for official travel activities and meetings. Based on his data, there is a budget allocation of approximately Rp40 trillion (US$2.76 billion) from these travel packages.
According to the health ministry office, there are eight provinces in the country that have been infected by the new type of coronavirus. The cities are Jakarta, West Java (Bekasi, Depok, Cirebon, Purwakarta, Bandung), Banten, Central Java (Solo), West Kalimantan (Pontianak), North Sulawesi (Manado), Bali and Yogyakarta.
Until last week, total number of positive COVID-19 in Indonesia became 117 people with eight recovering and 5 dead. From 21 new cases, 19 in Jakarta and two in Central Java. “Cases in Jakarta are the result of the development of contact tracing from previous cases,” said the government spokesman, Achmad Yurianto.
Written by Staff Editor, Email: email@example.com