JAKARTA (TheInsiderStories) – Former Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs Rizal Ramli reported eight alleged corruption related to food imports to the Corruption Eradication Commission (CEC). Deputy chairperson of CEC Basaria Pandjaitan received the reports at her office on Tuesday (23/10).
“The officials are addicted to imports. Why? Because every time there is a fee from the import permitt. There is a big advantage enjoyed by importers and government officials,” he told reporters at the CEC office in Jakarta.
Unfortunately, Ramli did not give further explanation, who did he report to the CEC. Before, he accused chairman of Nasional Demokrat Party, Surya Paloh and Minister of Trade Enggartiasto Lukita playing in import policy. He claimed have an evidence in the report and asked the anti-graft body to immediately follow up his report.
In the press release, Ramli said there are eight allegations based on the Audit Board of the Republic of Indonesia. Heres the list:
1. Alleged criminal act due to the issuance of white crystal sugar imports in 2015 until the first semester of 2017 totaling 1,694,325 tons.
2. Alleged criminal acts due to the issuance of 108,000 tons of raw crystal sugar import approval.
3. Alleged criminal acts due to the issuance of the implementation of special rice imports in 2016 totaling 200 tons.
4. Alleged criminal acts due to the issuance of 2015 cattle import approvals of 50,000.
5. Suspicion of criminal acts due to the issuance of the 2016 cattle import agreement of 97,100 tons and the realization of 18,012.91 tons.
6. Alleged criminal act due to the issuance of rice import approval in 2015 until the first semester of 2017 of 70,195 tons with a realization of 36,347 tons.
7. Suspicion of criminal acts due to 9,370 cattle import and 86,567.01 tons of beef.
8. Alleged criminal acts due to the issuance of imported salt in 2015 to the first semester of 3,355,850 tons with a realization of 2,783,487.16 tons.
Paloh’s party is the major supporter of presidential candidate Joko Widodo and Ma’ruf Amin. Several issues was hampered him during Widodo’s government like Sociedade National de Combustiveis de Angola EP (Sonangol EP) case in 2014.
A few weeks ago, his main business associate, Sam Pa, the owner of Sonangol EP, was arrested by a Chinese police in Beijing on bribery case to Fujian province governor Su Shulin with allegations of serious disciplinary violations.
For Widodo and Paloh, the Chinese businessman, is not and ordinary people. The president even signed his first signature as president for bilateral cooperation between the Indonesian government and Sonangol EP.
On May 23, 2015, Widodo also gave a special attention to the construction of the Indonesian Building 1. The 303-meter-high building was built by Paloh, namely Media Group and China Sonangol Land. The total development investment reached Rp8 trillion (US$551.72 million) in central Jakarta.
Last year, Indonesian government has agreed to a 100 thousand barrel purchase of crude oil from Sonangol. Indonesia is promised a discount of 15 percent of the market price. But the discount has never been realized.
Written by Staff Editor, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org