JAKARTA (TheInsiderStories) – State-owned port operators PT Pelabuhan Indonesia III (Pelindo III) and PT Pelabuhan Indonesia IV (Pelindo IV) have signed memoranda of collaboration (MoC) with other state-owned enterprises as well as with privately-owned companies to jointly develop public facilities aimed at improving asset value as well as helping local companies to grow.
‘The most important thing is to realize the projects, not the signing of agreements. Therefore, I call on all parties involved today to realize their projects,’ Deputy State Enterprise Minister for Construction, Utilities and Transportation Facilities Ahmad Bambang said after the signing of the deals.
As many as 16 state-owned companies and one private company, PT China Communication Construction Engineering Indonesia, have agreed to collaborate with the two state-owned port operators.
Bilateral deals agreed between Pelindo III and Pelindo IV, were aimed at optimizing their assets as well as jointly exploring business opportunities. Pelindo III President Director IGN Askhara Danadiputra said that as part of the deal, they will use domestically-produced Rubber Tyred Gantry, produced by PT Barata Indonesia, another state-owned company. In the past, the port operators purchased such products from abroad.
Pelindo III currently manages at least 17 ports in central and some in eastern Indonesia. Among major ports operated by the company are Tanjung Perak port in Surabaya, East Java, Benoa and Celukan Bawang ports in Bali, Tenau in Kupang, and Banjarmasin in Kalimantan.
Pelindo IV, on the other hand, operates a number of ports in the eastern region of Indonesia, including major ports in the Sulawesi Island, some ports in East Kalimantan, Maluku and Papua.
President Director of Pelindo IV Doso Agung said the government’s maritime axis program has boosted logistics and flow of vessels to the eastern Indonesia, which ultimately the business growth of the company. He hopes that the cooperation with parties, including with the China Communication Construction Engineering will help improve Pelindo’s business in serving the interest of the business players and the public in general.
Following the complete list of areas of cooperation:
Companies that signed deals with PT Pelindo III:
- PT Barata Indonesia on providing rubber-tyred gantry crane
- PT PGN LNG Indonesia on utilization of facilities and natural gas
- PT Pengembangan Pariwisata Indonesia on supplying gas to hotels and tourism-related businesses in Nusa Dua, Bali
- PT Pertamina Bina Medika on management of hospitals
- PT Pelindo I on the development of property business
Companies that signed collaborations deal with PT Pelindo IV:
- PT Bank Mandiri Tbk (IDX: BMRI) on Bank at Work and the issuance of Mandiri e-Money
- PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia Tbk (IDX: BBRI) on providing credit facility to employees of Pelindo IV and the launch of co-branding product, called Co-Branding Brizzi.
- PT Bank Negara Indonesia Tbk (IDX: BBNI) on providing consumer credit facilities to the employees of Pelindo IV and the implementation of electronic payment.
- PT Adhi Karya Tbk (IDX: ADHI) and PT Wijaya Karya Tbk (IDX: WIKA) on jointly developing assets to improve asset value
- PT China Communication Construction Engineering Indonesia to conduct a study to develop potentials of ports in the eastern part of Indonesia.
Written by Roffie Kurniawan, Email: email@example.com